Smack in the middle of winter, your Cub Cadet mower might be feeling a little left out of all the action. Rather than leave this outdoor power house stored away for the rest of winter's snowfall, a quick install of tire chains can transform your Cub Cadet mower into an all powerful workhorse, no matter the season.
How to Install Tire Chains on your Cub Cadet Mower
1. Familiarize yourself with the owner's manual. This handy guide will note any special concerns you might have about the operation of your mower, or the addition of tire chains for your model.
2. When you're ready to install the tire chains, your mower should be on a flat, level surface. Disconnect both the red battery cable and the spark plug ignition wire.
3. Make sure your tire chains are not twisted, and lay them flat on the ground. Open sides of the cross chain hooks should be facing upwards, and the C-hook should be placed along the inside edge of the tire.
4. By taking hold of the middle of the side chains, you can now lay the tire chain over your tire. Make sure that the open ends of the cross chain hooks are facing away from the tire.
5. The loose ends of the chain can now be tucked underneath the tire. Carefully and lightly push the mower forward. Link the chains by taking the hooks at the ends of the chain and connecting it with the C-hook. You should connect the C-hook to the second or third link of the side chain located on the inside of the tire.
6. Pull your tire chain tight. Connect the locking link to the second or third link of the chain located on the outside of the tire. Make sure to fold the locking link back and under to lock the chain in place.
7. After both sides are attached, tighten until the tire chain is appropriately snug. Chains should be even on both sides of the tire. If you need your chains to fit more tightly, deflate the mower's tires before beginning these steps.
8. After you've locked the tire chains in place, use cable ties to secure any unused links.