Spring has arrived, grass is growing, and you need to take care of your lawn. Mowers and outdoor lawn equipment need regular maintenance and care to ensure a long life of optimum performance. Now that you'll be using your mower a bit more than those dreary winter months, take the time to review our Cub Cadet Spring Maintenance Checklist.
For mowers and motorized outdoor equipment:
1. Change oil and oil filter
2. Change air filter
3. Clean the mower deck and underneath the deck
4. Inspect spark plugs; replace if necessary
5. Inspectblades; sharpen or replace if necessary
6. Stabilize the fuel if you didn't empty the tank before storing
7. Clean the carburetor
8. Inspect fuel filter; replace if necessary
9. Check tire pressure
10. Clean engine cooling fins
11. Inspect and clean gears; lubricate when necessary
For outdoor equipment attachments:
1. Inspect wheel bearings; lubricate if necessary
2. Inspect all bolts for appropriate tightness
3. Calibrate spreaders
4. Inspect tires; inflate if necessary
5. Straighten aerator spoons and tines; replace if necessary
7. Inspect all safety wirings
8. Inspect all other moving parts; lubricate if necessary
Spring is finally here, but unfortunately so is COVID-19. At P&P Small Engines our top priority is the safety of our employees and customers. We are open for business and operating under normal hours, but have modified our operations to provide buying options that minimize health risks.
Our front door is locked and we will operate by appointment or drive-up only. Please call ahead, or when you arrive, at 515-265-8889 for assistance. Parts for purchase will be brought outside to you, and service tags will be made and brought out for your equipment. If you are looking to purchase new equipment, we can take you out back to our huge outdoor showroom. Our staff is disinfecting all items and maintaining safe operating distances.
You can also shop online from the comfort of your home at our website, pandpsmallengines.com. Our parts lookup tool makes it easy to find the exact repair part for your make and model. You can browse and purchase our huge selection of zero-turns, walk behind mowers, lawn tractors, handheld equipment and other items online too. We can also do a 'virtual showing' using video conferencing. We have our full line up of new equipment available to purchase on the web. We offer FREE DELIVERY of new equipment over $599 within a 30 mile radius of Des Moines.
P&P Small Engines has served Central Iowa since 1976 and this little bump in the road won’t stop our team!